nitro?

General Discussion forum. Introduce yourself, ask questions about the club, etc.

nitro?

Postby dirtycoyle » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:05 pm

How would a nitro short course truck go over?
Will nitro be allowed to run on a regular basis?
I'm guessing there isn't a class that my T-Maxx will be eligible to run in ;)
dirtycoyle

Re: nitro?

Postby Capt Fiero » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:25 pm

Well if I get off my butt and finish my Brushless E-Maxx we could have some fun ripping up and running over the competition. Hmm, question are wheelie bars allowed on cars on the track. (I can't keep the trucking from flipping over backwards without one)
David Bergquist
http://www.captfiero.com
EMAXX 39085 Clone. Brushless 2200kv Motor, MMM2 Waterproof.
Big Joe Tires. Too Big, Too Fast, NEVER!!!
Stampede 4x4 VXL. Brushless All Stock with Truggy Conversion.
Capt Fiero

Postby Capt Fiero » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:31 pm

Ironicly this just popped up on Craigslist. (not mine, just saw it)

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/t ... 29596.html
David Bergquist
http://www.captfiero.com
EMAXX 39085 Clone. Brushless 2200kv Motor, MMM2 Waterproof.
Big Joe Tires. Too Big, Too Fast, NEVER!!!
Stampede 4x4 VXL. Brushless All Stock with Truggy Conversion.
Capt Fiero

Postby dirtycoyle » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:12 pm

Nice deal, I wish I could afford without wifey cutting them off, if you know what I mean lol
Already over $300 deep this month ;) and my boy and I both wanna get into racing
dirtycoyle

Postby Stablock » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:20 pm

Hi All.

I was very happy to find that there is a new RC track in my back yard. I even drove there 1 week before the opening race day to see it for myself. I dusted off my old HPI Savage .25 Nitro and get it tuned up. I was very happy that it fired right up. I dialed it in and was ready for race day. I know I would get spanked by the new electric runners but I didn't care. I figured it would be worth the price of admission just have other people put it back on the wheels when flip it over or drive off the track.

This inspired me to dust off my HPI RS4 Nitro and give it a spin. Had troubles starting that one. Pull start gave me a blister in no time at all. So I purchased a roto start plate. Well, I was cranking away and broke a tooth or two in the roto start. That was Saturday. Day before race day. With no means to start my nitro I missed out on race day.

I did pop by to see the completed track and how many people turned out. I was hoping to see fellow nitro runners. I seen one. I also seen about 100 Short Course trucks. I even seen a plain white one violate another at the start of one race. That was kinda surprising to see. I thought this was a kid friendly track?

Well... I need a new roto start. Any one have an extra one they wanna sell for cheap? That way I can get my RS4 running like new. Then perhaps sell it and get an electric violater of my own. Any body wanna trade?

At any rate... I plan on making it to a race one day. With my Nitro noise maker at least.

I hope to see more nitros out there.
Stablock

Return to General Discussion